Day 1: Nairobi – Maji Moto – Ndarara Camp
Leave Nairobi and drive through the farmlands at the edge the Rift Valley and descend the escarpment via the view point with the vehicle to Narok town. After 30 minutes drive from Narok town, disembark from the vehicle at Maji Moto then proceed to Ndarara manyatta for lunch. After lunch, 2 hours walk to the main Ndarara camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Ndarara Camp – Letukunyi Camp
Early breakfast, and after leave Ndarara to Letukunyi; the walk will take 5-6hrs through the scattered bushes. Dinner and overnight at the Letukunyi camp.
Day 3: Letukunyi Camp – Morinjo Camp
After breakfast leave Letukunyi camp early in the morning for an enjoyable walk before the sun is too hot. We will pass Narosora for lunch or to buy what might be out of stock. After spending an hour or two in this modern town in Masai land, proceed to Morinjo for dinner and overnight at Morinjo campsite.
Day 4: Morinjo Camp – Enkutoto Camp
After breakfast, leave Morinjo. Walk through the forest; this is one of the few remaining true-forested wilderness area in East Africa. The Walk will take you 5-6 hours. Dinner and overnight at Enkutoto campsite.
Day 5: Enkutoto Camp – Lake Natron
After breakfast leave Enkutoto not too early, walk leisurely for 4-5 hours to Njoroi campsite for dinner and overnight. In this camp an excellent view of surrounding areas which include Lake Magadi, Ngong hills, Lake Natron and all the way to Tanzania boarder on a clear day.
Day 6: Lake Natron – Ngurumani – Magadi - Nairobi
After breakfast, descend down the Escarpment and through small farms to Nguruman town for transfer back to Nairobi via Lake Magadi and the Olorgasaile prehistoric site so as to arrive in Nairobi late afternoon.
Note: Clients should arrange to have good weatherproof clothing and a warm sleeping bag, a water bottle and good walking shoes plus a pair of shoes to wear in camp.
What is included in the price
1. Transport by Four Wheel Drive safari vehicle
2. Services of English speaking driver/safari cook?
3. Flying Doctors evacuation cover
4. All airport/hotel/airport transfers
5. Game park entrance fees
6. Services of an armed ranger
7. All campsite fees
8. All camping equipment including use of our 2-person tents, stools, foam mattresses, except sleeping bags
9. Three meals a day while on safari whether vegetarian or non-vegetarian prepared by our safari chef
What is not included in the price
- Personal travel insurance
- Sleeping bags
- Hotel accommodation in Nairobi before and after the safari
- All airport taxes and visas
- Any other extras not stated as included above e.g. alcoholic beverages, gratuities to staff, etc